Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just Another Sunday...

St. Patrick's Day... It's hard to believe it's been nearly 2 months since the Presidential Inauguration when I filed my candidacy.

Attending events, organizing and fundraising have consumed my life. Don't misunderstand, that's a good thing. I'm meeting the right people and putting together the perfect team. But, I'm finding myself needing my people right now and much more than I thought I would.

I can't give enough thanks to the Palm Island Gated Community and Betty Kostrach for organizing my first fundraising event. This week, I was able to help pick the musical talent who will be performing a show with music from the 50's 60's and 70's after the wine & cheese reception.

Listening to so many talented musicians this week was a fun part of what I've been doing. I saw Sirsy perform last Saturday, The Barefoot Movement on Wednesday and Flash Back on Friday... How do you choose from such diverse talent? Then it occurred to me, I don't... I can hire them all!

So here's the plan... Each and every one of my fundraisers will be a Musical Event featuring talented musicians from different genres. I'm working with bands (part of what I normally do) to book and organize appropriate themed fundraisers throughout my campaign. This is really getting to be FUN!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment